Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Thinking . . .


Yeah, I know, duck. No, there is nothing burning.

I am thinking of a name change for the farm, the website, etc. The house we live in used to house a gal named Catherine Buxbaum, and she wrote a book called Iowa Outpost. Its out of print, and hard to acquire, but I'm thinking of changing the name to Outpost Nubians. Amon Eruanna is proving to be too strange, too irksome to have to keep explaining, etc.

Here are some pictures of our last smoking adventure. The best batch yet. Very tasty venison summer sausage.


Night before last we had the killing frost. So a new season begins for me, as I can leave the canner put away, at least until after Thanksgiving when there will be venison to can again. We've been making the sausage from last season's venison from the freezer.

The apples are done. I've made over 50 quarts of applesauce, some apple jelly and apple butter, and baked goods here and there . . . Then, this past weekend the hubby and the children took the rest of our apples to a cider press, and we have over 27 gallons of cider in the freezer. Pretty nice!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool new logo pic.