Sunday, January 27, 2008

Loss at Amon Eruanna


Aunt 'Letha achieved her heart's desire last Sunday. She went
home to be with Jesus.


Aunt 'Letha was my husband's great aunt, and was a fixture out here from the time he can remember. After moving here, I came to know and greatly appreciate her character, faith, and just the fact that I could always depend on her smile and the twinkle in her eye. She lived in the house across from us, next to the old church. The hardest thing right now is looking out of my kitchen window at her dark, empty house.

Aunt 'Letha endured more loss and tragedy than a lot of women.
She survived two sons, two grandsons, a great-grandson and her husband. Yet remained she strong, optimistic, and full of joy. Real joy, now, not just depending on circumstances to make her happy. Real, permanent joy. The joy that can only be achieved when you're confident about where you'll spend eternity. She knew, and she wants everyone there in Heaven with her! And wouldn't hesitate to take you by the hand and lead you to the promise of getting there.

Good night, Aunt 'Letha.










3 comments:

Rox said...

When was that pic taken of 'Letha? I love it! And what a great smile to remember. Sending our sympathies to the hill from Morning Sun.

cm said...

The picture was taken a little over a month ago, by my hubby! my brotherinlaw R was helping her with her furnace, and A wandered over to visit.

Rox said...

Levi & I think that Ryan shares some of her features. You can tell she's family!