Wednesday, July 2, 2008

We gave peas a chance . . .


The other day I picked peas. I planted a bunch in an earthbox on the deck, and then as an afterthought, we stuck in a couple short rows in the garden, in between cucumber plants. So the other day I got maybe a pint, which only seemed like a couple of mouthfuls, so I stored them in the fridge.
So today I picked peas, and got just over another pint, so altogether a generous quart, and we had fresh peas with our spaghetti for supper. Very, very tasty. I'm hoping to get a fall crop in, and plan on planting many, many more rows. Perhaps we can put them in where the green beans are now, and plant them when the beans are done . . . if not, I will FIND SOMEWHERE to plant them.
We have tons of blossoms on our cucumber plants, and our tomato plants are huge. The green beans are setting blossoms and are starting to form teeny little beans. Our potato plants are doing well, and are onions are pretty decent. The spinach is done, and tomorrow I'm going to see if the beets are pickling size.

No comments: